It’s great to have in-person gatherings available again!
We’ve missed seeing you.
For those who just need to have some in-person gatherings, we’re creating an alternative worship experience and invite you to join us. Services initially will be outdoors and contain a shortened message and worship leader along with some tailored experiences. We will not have the full band for this time. We’re proceeding with caution as the Covid-19 virus is still active without an available vaccine. All our gatherings will comply with the recommended CDC and county guidelines.
If you are wary of venturing out into crowds, be assured our online services will continue and are the full worship experience. We’re excited to continue to bring a worship experience into your home while also reaching a broader group of people with our message of hope in Jesus.
If you want to attend an in-person gathering, we have a few things of which you need to be aware. The most important one is, RESERVATIONS are required. In order to limit and physically space the attendance to meet safe guidelines, we need to know who to expect. Thank you for your understanding. Please make your reservation using the button. Additional changes for you to expect are listed below.
Reservations open the Sunday before the next service.
Services are Saturdays at 7:30pm.
What to Expect
We are changing the way we used to do some things:
- We will meet at different times, so the pastors can continue to participate in online worship.
- Worship services will have attendance limited so individuals and family groups can maintain 6 ft. distance.
- Attendance at in-person worship will require a reservation (staff included).
- Everyone will wear a mask except those leading the worship service.
- Initially, we will have live acoustic music/singing and have a live message. The service will be shorter than our online service.
- People will bring their own chairs for an outdoor gathering.
- Pre-packaged communion wafers/juice will be set out on a table for people to collect prior to services.
We are adding some new things:
- Frequent disinfecting of surfaces that people can touch, like the table for communion packs.
- Ushers to control the flow of people from the parking lot into the worship area and back out.
- A protocol for informing people if they have been at the service with someone who has Covid-19 or symptoms.
- Signage and some social distancing markings.
- Disposable masks
- Disposable gloves for ushers to use
- Free standing offering boxes
- Online worship service reservations
- More disinfectant
Some things are going away for a while:
- Coffee and donut holes 🙁
- Popcorn buckets for offerings (giving online is recommended)
- Access to bathrooms during worship services
- Access to drinking fountains
- Children’s ministries during worship services
- Greeting with hugs and handshakes
- Paper programs, sermon notes and pens (use your phone app, instructions to download here)
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures – for you, our church family and staff. You must follow all posted instructions while attending Mariners Church.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By attending Mariners Church, you voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy and safe .